Monday, December 10th, 2018 - Winter in Chicago can be brutal, and while technically it won't be quite winter yet, we all know its gonna be cold!
First, we are doing an in-kind donation drive for Sarah's Circle! Sarah's Circle is a non-profit organization with a mission of serving women who are homeless or in need of a safe space. Located in Chicago's Uptown Community, Sarah's Circle has provided support for thousands of women since 1979. You can read more about them on their website: https://www.sarahs-circle.org/about.html
Check here for a complete list of item that are looking for this winter: https://tinyurl.com/sarahs-circles
Typically, these items are always in high demand:
- travel-sized toiletries
- new underwear
- over the counter medications
Also, this night, we are going to play White Elephant this night! Here's how that works:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift* to contribute to a common pool.
2. Players draw numbers to determine in what order they will pick gifts.
3. Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile.
4. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it.
5. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool, or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
6. After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift they are holding for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
*No need to buy a gift; grab something fun from home you don't mind giving away. If you do buy a gift, lets keep the purchasing limit at $10 or less.
Per usual, this event is BYOB and BYO-SNACKS. However, some (holiday-themed) snacks and beverages will also be provided. And you're more than welcome to bring crafts you are currently working on!
Don’t forget you can always join our Facebook Group and hang in the downtime between meetups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/880309332129833
What is Women’s Comics Night?
The Mission: Once a month casual hangout after hours at Challengers Comics + Conversation meant to build community and foster friendship thru comics! Intended for all women and is unequivocally Queer, Non-Binary, & Trans friendly!
Time: Every Second Monday of the Month starting at 7pm!